Have you ever wondered if you’re a good mom? Or have you had a moment in which your child does something and you think, “Man, I probably shouldn’t let him/her do that!”? That’s normal. I am here to give you some fool-proof reasons why you ARE a good mom!
- Is your child alive? Perfect. You’re already crushing it! I can’t keep a plant alive to save my life, but kids? Check.
- You know how to use Google? Great! Because when you’re not sure about something, SOMEONE on the world wide web knows the answer. You don’t need to know everything.
- You yell and then regret it. Kids. Do. Not. Listen. So sometimes it takes yelling for them to actually listen. I get it. Good moms yell, then they immediately feel badly. It happens and it’s ok.
- You have “bad” days. Because who doesn’t? It means you care. It means you have limits. In order to have great days, you must also have bad days.
- Your children are priority. They come first — always. As moms it is our job to protect, nurture, and love our kids first.
- You also make time for yourself. You can’t pour from an empty cup. To be at your best for them, you must also make time to care for yourself.
- Your kids are happy. Are they happy when you don’t let them buy the $50 play dough set? No. Do they have a meltdown in the middle of the very busy store? Yes. There will be tears and disappointment, but if more times than not they are happy, I call that a win.
- They are happy, healthy, and fed. This is the most important. If your kids are happy, healthy, and fed, you absolutely are doing a great job!
There’s no report card for parenting. It’s normal to question whether you’re doing it correctly. No one knows what they’re doing. We’re all just out here winging it. We figure it out as we go. With social media always pushing moms one way or another, it’s important to be reassured how great you are. The fact you read this list to see if you are a good mom, proves that you are, but it never hurts to get a little reminder every now and then!
Love this Ashleigh!