Fall begins in 21 days, but who’s counting? While Tennessee weather can go from grueling heat for months on end to freezing weather almost overnight, we do get a few weeks, maybe even a month if we are lucky, of nice fall weather. It’s the kind of weather that makes you dig out your tall boots and pair them with a chunky scarf to stay warm while you enjoy all the festivals, pumpkin flavored treats, and football.
A new season also means change. Tweaking your current beauty routine to reflect the season is an easy and fun way to welcome fall. Here are some tips:
1. Moisture, moisture, moisture
Fall welcomes cooler, drier weather. While it feels amazing outside, your skin needs a bit more TLC due to the change. It might not be blazing hot outside, but you still need to drink a good amount of water to keep your skin hydrated. Switching to a heavier face moisturizer and lip balm will also prep your skin for makeup and keep you looking healthy.
2. Switch out your powder products for cream
People tend to use matte, powder products in the summer due to the humidity and sweat. Cooler weather calls for cream products that will add moisture to your skin and give you a fresh, dewy look. Easy switches include powder foundation to a BB cream, powder blush to a cream blush, and powder highlight to a cream or liquid.
3. Go a bit darker
Fall fashion and scenery tend to lean to a very neutral, subdued color scheme that includes browns, tans, and oranges. This is the perfect time to add some drama to your makeup to contrast the subtle colors. Try a metallic eye shadow that compliments your eye color, a brighter blush, or darker lip color to add definition. It’s best to just focus on one area to apply color, but I believe some rules are meant to be broken, so do what you think looks good.
Here are some of my favorite products I am adding to my makeup bag this fall:
- Lorac Pro Palette 2: This palette has eight matte shadows and eight shimmer/metallic shadows that are perfect for darker, more dramatic fall looks.
- Benefit High Beam: A liquid highlighter like this one can be dabbed on your cheekbones, under eyebrows, and even your shoulders to add sheen to your skin.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Captivating: A bright peach blush adds a healthy flush to your cheeks.
- Wet ‘n Wild MegaLast Lip Color in Sugar Plum Fairy and Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Cranberry: Lose the gloss and go for a creamy matte lip in a darker color this season.
- L’Oreal Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadow in Amber Rush: This rose gold metallic cream shadow can be patted on alone or with other shadows to wrap up any look.
- Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre: A heavier moisturizer preps the skin and traps in moisture so your skin stays soft all fall.