As fall approaches, it’s time to layer our clothes. But with prices on almost everything going up, I have to be strategic about my shopping habits. This year, I’m layering pieces I already have and accessorizing them to fit my personal style. I am in no way a stylist, but I love clothes and accessories. When I look good, I feel better.
Here are some tips I’ve picked up this season based on things I consider staples and I already have in my closet:
1. Scarves and headbands: All black is my go-to style. It never misses and makes me look and feel slimmer. As the weather cools down in the fall, adding a scarf can add flair to a typically boring outfit.
2. Vests: In this look, I took a typical hoodie and jeans to the next level by adding a hooded vest and a pop of color with my earrings. This is ready to wear Friday night football style.
3. Hats and hoops: This is my go-to errand running style. Sometimes I just don’t feel like doing my hair, but with a cozy sweater, matching sneakers and hoop earrings, I feel confident should I see someone I know at the grocery store.
4. Blazers: A black blazer should be a staple piece for any working woman. Wear it over your favorite dress to step up to a business casual look.
5. The denim jacket: This is also a staple piece I keep around. It adds flair and edge to the typical dress shirt and pants.